GRU Devlog 21 - olibc

December 19, 2021 — G1n

This week I also was making olibc. Now it is published! I have mostly implemented <string.h>, but there still some funcs that require <locale.h>, so they are not implemented yet.

I found out why olibc wasn’t giving correct return value after program is executed. It was because liblinux wasn’t exiting correctly, so it received some random return values from stack.

Also a lot of testing were done. I have found out that several functions wasn’t working correctly and fixed it. We have shell script for testing that compares results from our libc and libc that installed on user’s machine. It prints a diff output if test was failed. It also have other features, if you want you can check it by running --help by yourself.

Because of it I have found that several functions were wrong implemented. But now finally everything is working and strtok is correctly implemented!

Also this blog finally moved totally from my webpage, so we can move this site on different server just by cloning it from codeberg or tildegit

Hope you liked this post! If you would like to help us, contact me via email, xmpp or irc :)

tags: gru, olibc, liblinux